We are preparing your download, please wait.
3D Filament Splicer
This is a small tool we have created for splicing 3D Filament.3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike
Commercial use is not allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
Quite a lot of work went into it actually, we tried to make fully automated splicer first but it failed due to filament expansion issues. So manual labor is still the king :)
On the filament sample snapshot you can see results, 1 is manual and 2 is what splicer creates. Of course you can trim manual joint but it is work and will get annoying soon enough.
You can get Splicer copper parts, kit or fully assembled unit via campaign at our web page.
We work to bring more color options to OSS 3D Printing and have a few other very interesting ideas. Filament Splicer is first thing in this quest.
Materials and methods
- 6mm plywood frame (see Blueprints)
- Teflon / PFTE thermal isolation plates, minimum 5mm (see Blueprints)
- Copper heating and cooling blocks (See Blueprints)
- 12v thermal controller from Willhi
- 300c thermal probe with 4mm diameter
- Cartridge heater
- 12v 5mm socket, we use high quality metal connector with 10mm neck
- on/off switch with 12mm neck and M3 terminal screws
- 12v 6A Power supply
- 0.5 mm2 wires
- 4 x 20mm M3 Screws with matching bolts
- 2 x 7mm M5 Screws with countersunk heads
- 2 x crimp-on 3mm terminals (Optional for Switch connector)
- Fast setting wood glue
- Rubber feet
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.