3D Printer Electronics Enclosure - Touch Screen, Mainboard, MOSFET, PSU, Raspberry, Fan.
This is an electronics box/enclosure witch also has a touch screen for octoprint.3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
This is an electronics box/enclosure witch also has a touch screen for octoprint.
Designed for Anet A8 But should be able to suit most printers.
If you make one I would really like to see it.
Electronic Mounting Points for:
- Anet A8 main board.
- Anet A8 Original Screen and controls.
- 2 MOSFET's.
- Upgraded 30 amp Power Supply AND the original Anet A8 PSU (Original only uses 1 screw on top but can drill holes if want more secure mounting).
- 2 Slots for SD cards for Anet and Raspberry via microSD to SD extensions. I use SD cards because they are just easier to handle.
- Light switch.
- 80mm Cooling fan.
- 7" Touch Screen.
Not that much to it really.
Infill and layer height are all up to the person printing.
All parts are laid out the way I printed them, feel free to position how you want.
All parts are able to fit on a 220x220 build plate.
Print out main body parts, glue or plastic weld together or how ever you want to join them.
The Lid and Front Panel parts get screwed on.
To get the outline of the Octoprint logo and edges in a different color print the part with the "First Layer Only" first don't remove from build plate then print the whole piece on top of it.
Same go's with the Anet logo.
Raspberry mounts on the under side of the back lid.
Octoprint with Touch UI set up:
I followed this guide to get all working:
Materials and methods
Parts used in my build:
- 7 inch HD Touch Screen Display LCD 1024x600 HDMI Module Kit Set For Raspberry BS:
- 30 Amp 12 Volt DC 13.8V Regulated Switching Power Supply:
- IEC Fuse Chassis Male Power Plug with Switch:
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B - Premium NOOBS Pack:
- M3 M4 M5 Hex Socket Screws Set (Only uses M3 ans M4 for PSU)
- 0.5m USB 2.0 A To RIGHT ANGLE MICRO B (Power for screen from Raspberry + it's the touch input):
- 50cm USB A to B CABLE - Printer Scanner Cord (50cm seems to be the smallest cables go):
- 50cm HDMI CABLE (50cm seems to be the smallest cables go)
- HDMI Right Angle Male To Female 90-180 Degree (This is required because the space to plug into the screen is tight so the plastic case on this adapter needed to be removed to fit. I then covered it in heat shrink tubing.
- PUSH ON PUSH OFF BUTTON SQUARE:
- SD to Micro SD Card Extension Cable Extender Adapter x2:
- Any 80mm Fan.
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.