Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
5 Step Puzzle Box
Remove different faces from the box in order to reach the compartment inside.Contest
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
Week 8 Challenge and Constraints
This challenge by Ultimaker was to design a puzzle and its packaging while abiding by the constraints of Water and Reveal. I interpreted the parameter of "Water" as a classic method because water is one of the classic and original elements of the world. Puzzle boxes have been around since the 19th century. The parameter "reveal" was interpreted to mean that something is revealed once the puzzle is completed. Once the puzzle has been solved the interior compartment is revealed so that there is a cube pocket approximately 2 inches in height, length, and width. The box faces that are removed to solve the puzzle are also the packaging for what is contained inside.
SPOILER (Solution to the puzzle):
1. Unscrew the small dimple from the box
2. Remove the side that housed the screw from the box by pulling straight out
3. Pull down on the side to the left of the screw panel and it should slide downwards (if nothing happens the box might be upside-down)
4. Once these pieces have been removed the top panel can be slid out at a 45 degree angle
5. The final step of the puzzle is to pull out the piece across from the screw panel
This should reveal a hexagonal hole that allows you to access the inner compartment.
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.