Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Control And Operate Your 3D Printer From A Touch Screen3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
Activ8 is a touch screen device that is designed to operate any RepRap based 3D printer.
The Activ8 also comes preloaded with a custom Operating system and a suite of applications. “We’ve designed the Activ8 with our own intuitive custom OS, anyone can use it and have their favourite designs printing in seconds.”
For more experienced 3D printer users, the Activ8 comes preloaded with a suite of powerful applications designed to bring it on par with a dedicated PC.
We have included Active 3D’s custom Pronterface which incorporates Slic3r with a .STL and .Gcode viewer, and Plater. We’ve also included applications such as Skeinforge, Cura and Meshlab, to give the most experienced enthusiasts the highest level of control over their 3D printer.”
Materials and methods
- you will need a 16gb SDHC.
- download and unzip OS from my drive.
- Write the image to the SDHC, i use Win32 Disk Imager to do this.
- Power up with SD in place, the screen will flash and then the OS loads. This can take a couple of mins.
- All software is bespoke for the touch screen and preloaded to the Linux OS. (this took us about 6 months)
- if your printer wont connect to pronterface, you will have to sort out the Linux drivers for your board.
- if you are building the stand-alone, you will need strong double sided foam tape.
it can also be fitted with the battery.
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.