Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
calibration files UM2 with 2mm nozzle Cura2x vase mode
These are the files I used to get good vase mode settings for different PLA3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike
Commercial use is not allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
the front end of Cura 2.x with UM2 does not allow you to change the nozzle size beyond 0.8mm, but you can tweak the "line width" settings. Also the temperature is not easy to change without making a bunch of filament setting in the UM2 firmware. So these files can help get you started on tweaking setting to print nice vases like my sine wave vase. I have shared my CURA 2.x profiles for vase with a bottom and vase without. Start with the vase setting before going to the vaseBase.
Materials and methods
1. You will be tweaking the temperature and print speed on the fly while the print is running to find the settings that work best. Use a sharpie to put a mark on the print and later write on the layers what setting you changed. (see photos)
2. Start by getting settings for the WALL of the vase, don't print a bottom layer at this stage to save time and plastic.
3. UM2 default temp for PLA 0.8mm nozzle is 240deg, if you print too slow you will get bubbles, if you have a small perimeter and thick layers you will need to lower that temp closer to 200.
4. Cooling time for thick layers is important, that was my limitiing factor for small vases.
5. You may need to scale the model in order to get a larger perimeter or else your speeds will be off due to the "min layer time" setting.
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.