Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Carbonoid's silicone sleeve casting mold for J-Head hot-ends
Cast your own silicone sleeves for your J-Head hot-ends!3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
With this 3d printable mold you can cast silicone sleeves for J-Head hotends. There are STL molds provided for:
- Two casting molds with heater cartridge entering either 4 x from the right side or 2 x left / 2 x right
- Generic J-Head with heater cartridge but no cutouts for thermistor wires
- Generic J-Head MK V with heater and cutout for thermistor
- Generic J-Head MK 8 with heater and cutout for axial thermistor
- A STL model of the silicone sleeve 1.
- A small cup for mixing of the silicon casting slip
Materials and methods
4 x M3 x 20 mm screws
4 x M3 washer DIN 9021
4 x M3 threaded brass insert
4 x M4 threaded brass insert
1 x M4 x 50 mm screw (for extraction of the molds)
Have a look at the pictures how things fit together. Should be quite self-explanatory!
Mix 11g from each of the two silicone components in the cup for a total of 22g silicone.
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.