Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Cyclops/Chymera E3D extruder holder
Cyclops/Chymera E3D extruder holder with inductive sensor for K82003D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
The holder is created to fit at K8200 T-slot and to provide a well-fixed positioning for Chimera/Cyclops extruder, developed by E3D (http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/Cyclops_%26_Chimera_Documentation), as well as to align the inductive sensor we use for autocalibration.
UPDATE: stronger base, eliminated mistake with upper fixator and bolt positioning of the previous version, useful measures in the bottom of displacement of the sensor according to nozzle.
All the three components are attached in STL as well as in IPT.
Materials and methods
The assembly process is quite simple:
1) assembly the extruder itself
2) use four M3 x 15mm bolts to fix the extruder at the holder (three at the back and one above)
3) place the rail in T-slot and place the holder over it. tighten it with a pair of M5 bolts (rectangular nuts are needed)
4) place the support below, insert it to the holder's "arm" and tighten with M5 bolt
5) insert the inductive sensor (we use LJ18A3-8-Z/BX proximity sensor) to its place. for details of wiring and calibration: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/inductive-sensor-holder-for-k8200-3drag
Note: when using chymera, we strongly recommend you to put some thermal insulator (like asbestos) between the hotends, otherwise the heat from one affects the thermistor of the other one.
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.