Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Differential Planetary Gearbox
A 12.4:1 planetary gearbox, specifically designed for use in extruders, in a 42mm x 42mm x 32mm package.3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
Sources are available at https://github.com/Lodran/differential_planetary_gearbox
- Companion extruder soon to be available at http://www.youmagine.com/designs/pocket-extruder
- Fits either a Nema 17 or Nema 14 motor.
Four variations are provided:
- gearbox_printed_sun_105.stl - Printed sun gear, 10mm (105ZZ) drive shaft bearing.
- gearbox_printed_sun_115.stl - Printed sun gear, 11mm (115ZZ) drive shaft bearing.
- gearbox_metal_sun_105.stl - Metal sun gear (See BOM), 10mm (105ZZ) drive shaft bearing.
- gearbox_metal_sun_115.stl - Metal sun gear (See BOM), 11mm (115ZZ) drive shaft bearing.
Note: Assembly is fairly configurable, so the BOM is more of a guideline than anything else.
Materials and methods
- PLA or other wear resistant plastic.
- 1x 105 Bearing - [Source: HobbyKing](http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__21549__Ball_Bearing_5x10x4mm_2pcs_bag_Turnigy_Trailblazer_1_8_XB_and_XT_1_5_.html) (Comes with a spare, which will be used in the extruder.)
- 1x 10T/5MM M1 Pinion - [Source: HobbyKing](http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__45522__10T_5mm_M1_Hardened_Steel_Pinion_Gear_1pc_.html) (Optional, see description)
- 3x M3x10 bolt
- 6x M3 Nylock nut
- 4x M3x30 bolt
- 1x M5x30 bolt
- 1x M5 Nylock nut
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.
For those who have printed this, I'm curious about backlash and it this gearbox would be suitable for driving Z axis leadscrews with 8mm thread-pitch? Thoughts?
What is the actual difference between the Printed and Metal versions? I can see different drive shaft bearings being listed, but the use is rather unclear?