Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Fairphone cradle (horizontal)
Cradle for a fairphone, horizontal with opening to put in a usb connector for automatic docking.For your home
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
Update: There are now two versions, one is a bit flatter so the phone is tilted further back (fairphonecradlehorizontal_flatter.stl). I printed one with wood filament, it is the brown one in the pictures.
A horizontal cradle for the fairphone (http://www.fairphone.com).
One of the comments on my original cradle design (https://www.youmagine.com/designs/fairphone-cradle) suggested a horizontal design, so you can have it 'dock' automatically; the usb plug is on the top of the fairphone.
The dimensions of the head of the usb cablue I used are as follows:
Width: 10.2 mm
Height: 6.6 mm
With the actual connector 1.9mm from the top (horizontally in the middle).
There is a tiny bit of leeway here, but not much, so if yours is a radically different size you'll have to either file the hole out or fill it up with something. I made the hole a little bit bigger for this.
For strength, I added a 3M screw hole on the back so you can fix the plug's position without resorting to glue or putty. I guess either would be possible as well, but YMMV.
- Print cradle.
- Marvel at beauty.
- Put your cable end through the hole (all the way)
- Connect cable to phone
- Gently slide it back so the cable head goes back through the hole. Do not force.
- If it fits nicely, and there is no space between the plug and the front of the hole, attach screw (firmly, but don't overdo it, if you use a 10mm screw, you should be able to do it without a screwdriver).
- Gently check if the position is really correct by sliding the phone out and in again.
- Glue some anti-slip feet to the bottom.
Materials and methods
- usb-micro connector
- M3 screw (at least 5mm in length, I used a 10mm M3, longer is not advised)
- Rubber or sticky footpads
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.