Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Filter case for 9mm ID hoses
Allows filtering any liquid that won't melt the plastic or the hose while you rack itFor your home
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
I made this for racking wine and mead without drawing too much sediment (and because racking canes have outrageous prices around here), but it could be uses for other purposes as well...
It does 2 things:
- slows the intake of fluid, so it won't create turbulence and disturb sediments, and
- blocks sediment from passing through, depending on the filtering material you put inside
The .fcstd file is made with FreeCAD 0.17, it won't work with older versions.
Materials and methods
I printed it in PETG.
* Print the pieces
* Put either a stack of filter paper disks or polyester wool inside
* pop it on the intake end of the hose
* sterilize with with whatever you use for other things
* proceed to racking your booze :)
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.