Fischertechnik parametric side plate
FreeCAD parametric model to create Fischertechnik side plateMaker/DIY
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
Here you can find a FreeCAD 0.17 document that lets you create STL files for a Fischertechnik side plate of any required size.
It lets you specify:
- printing process layer height
- x,y size of a plate (in number of bricks)
- thickness of a plate,
- how many attachment stubs it should have along each side,
- adjust stubs thickness, to fit bricks properly
- how many windows it should have, and how thick should they be (1 layer thickness creates a nice translucent window like effect, if printed on a glass surface)
- and certain other details ...
For now one .STL file example is here to try it out, others will be added later.
Your support kindly accepted here: https://paypal.me/ZigaM3.
Materials and methods
To print an example .STL file, you should use 0.2 layer height.
Print on glass surface to get the shiny window like surface.
To use FreeCAD file, load it into FreeCAD 0.17,
edit parameters in 'msr' spreadsheet as required,
make sure no errors were reported after recalculation,
then export .STL file of a 'PlatePart'.
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.