Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Fisher Price Record
Module to make Fisher Price Music Box recordsToys
Creative Commons Attribution
You can adapt, share or use this work commercially as long as you attribute the creator.
The original idea comes from a post of fred27 on instructables.
This module can be used stand alone but a unmodified version is also needed for OpenSCAD files generated with the music2fp python script.
Description of the files:
- fpRecordModule.scad can be included in a records file with include <fpRecordModule.scad>. The bare file will produce a record with a scale and a sequence of all the available notes.
- HappyBirthday.scad is a example of a record.
- music2fp.py a script for converting MIDI or ABC files to records. Requires the python module Music21.
Materials and methods
You will need:
- http://web.mit.edu/music21/ (if you want to use the python script)
- https://virtualenv.pypa.io (don't really need it but it is really handy. Give it a read.)
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.
@ImpulsiveJames. Thanks. I thought it was pretty cool and expected more traction. Anyway. Python is not needed, the python scripts are merely a tool to convert midi files to discs but as there are limitation to which notes and how fast the FP records play can play you might be better of to compose the songs by hand.
The two .scad files should be pretty self explanatory. You can open them with you own text editor or with the editor in openscad.
If you have any questions, you can email me via my profilepage.
So this is one of the coolest things ever... but I don't know anything about python, I hardly know how to render something in OpenSCAD. Any chance you could wire a slightly more indepth tutorial or point me to something?
Thanks! I'm looking forward to making some records!!