Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful. If you like the design, please consider donating to the designer.Donate to Gabor Penoff
GoPro diver's handle v2
Yet another GoPro handle for scuba divers.Gadget
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
Update 20180614: v4 is here! https://www.youmagine.com/designs/action-camera-diver-s-handle-4-aussieland-edition
This is my redesigned underwater handle which can carry GoPro cameras.
- the entire stuff is completely disassemblable to protect the parts && save storage space during travel.
- The handles are containing reversible spikes. The pointed end is useful if you need to fix the mount in the sandy bottom. The other end may contain a printed 1/4-20 UNC thread ("left w 3-8_16 UNC thread.stl" and "right w 3-8_16 UNC thread.stl") or you can print the spike which contains a tight hole for a 1/4-20 UNC nut ("left w 3-8_16 UNC nut.stl" and "right w 3-8_16 UNC nut.stl") - in this case just heat up the nut and push onto its place.
- The bottom of left/right parts also may contain a printed 3/8-16 UNC thread or you can print the left && right parts which contains a tight hole for a 3/8-16 UNC nut - in this case just heat up the nut and push onto its place.
- You can attach a single GoPro mount (gopro mount.stl) or can attach two of them (gopro mount bolt.stl and gopro mount nut.stl) and you will have a reversible mount.
- I also made a GoPro compatible long knob from two parts: "gopro knob.stl" is the main body and "gopro knob plug.stl" is the closing plug. Just put an M5x50 mm bolt into the main body, and glue the plug after it. If you print these from ABS just sink the plug in acetone fro a few secs then push into its place - it will stay there forever.
Smaller 1/4-20 and bigger 3-8/16 UNC threads are the standard threads used on tripods so you can mount lighting by using them.
In order to make this set complete I designed a GoPro slide in clip too.
Materials and methods
To screw the left-right-mount parts together:
2 pcs M6x30 mm bolts
2 pcs M6 nuts
For the long GoPro knob:
1 pc M5x50 mm bolts
If you want metal threads instead of printed plastic:
2 pcs 1/4-20 UNC nuts
2 pcs 3/8-16 UNC nuts
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.