Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
HeffaBot PolyStroooder Effector
This is an effector platform for my HeffaBot Delta Printer, to use with the PolyStroooder Tri Hotend.3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike
Commercial use is not allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
The outside part with the fan attachements, LED ring & magnetic stud ball attachements are sourced (with a few modifications ) from Haydn Huntleys "Magnetic Effector with 3 Fans and LED Light Ring for Kossel Plus" found here: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/magnetic-effector-with-3-fans-and-led-light-ring-for-kossel-plus
I use the same magnetic ball studs that Haydn sells for a reasonable price, 12 are needed for a complete printer.
The ball studs are exactly 39.7 mm apart, to match the distance between the outer holes in OpenBuilds 20mm V-Slot™ Gantry Plate that I'm using as Delta carriage on my verticals.
Update 2016-02-22: Moved fan lugs by 60 degrees for better aim at the tip of each hotend. Also, this frees up some space between the effector and the idler belts.
Materials and methods
* six magnetic ball studs from Haydn Huntley:
*6 M3 Nyloc nuts for the ball studs.
* PolyStroooder Tri Hotend:
* LED ring with outer diameter 60mm and inner diameter of 50mm, can be found cheap on eBay or AliExpress amongst other.
* Up to three 5015 centrifugal fans similar to these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-pcs-Brushless-DC-Cooling-Blower-Fan-5015B-12V-50x50x15mm-2-Wires/141324730524
* an M3x25 socket head cap screw and M3 nut for each fan.
* some M3x10mm socket head cap screws and M3 nuts, if you use the groove mount. (I used M3x8mm, because that's what I had at hand. It works too with a bit of ingenuity)
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.
Cleaned the OpenSCAD code a bit, moved all parameters used in several models to configuration.scad.
Moved fan lugs by 60 degrees for better aim at the tip of each hotend. Also, this frees up some space between the effector and the idler belts.
Uploaded the OpenSCAD files as well.
Updated the groove mount a bit, so that it does not cover two of the mounting holes in the effector platform anymore.