Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Improved extruder (Deltaprintr)
(Work in progress) I'm designing a sturdier extruder that slides together and eliminates the need for a spring, while applying plenty of force to the filament. Printing variations of one of the parts will allow you to easily switch between filaments of different materials and dimensions.3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
Note: The STL is the part I'm currently using on my printer. It has successfully printed multiple 4-hour prints with the aid of my spool holder (https://www.youmagine.com/designs/spool-holder-deltaprintr) and lower extruder base (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:884728).
19 August 2015 - I'm currently finishing up the design of the body. The Printrbot extruder gear and bearing for the stepper shaft fit perfectly, and there seems to be plenty of room for the insert and second gear. Next I'll be working on the slide-fit retainer for the second gear.
Warning: This V2 assembly is old and untested (although it did print fine). I've started redesigning it, because I realized it could be difficult to disassemble.
* ELIMINATE jams and extruder overheating - even with long print times
* Easily change filament - support different materials/dimensions
* Use original equipment - don't make people order things to fix the Deltaprintr's weakest link (I think the compression fitting I'm using is interchangeable with OEM quick-connect fitting)
* Short print time - no sense uploading a fix if your printer doesn't last long enough to print it.
Materials and methods
* One Printrbot Gearhed Extruder kit (http://printrbot.com/shop/gear-head-extruder-v0-01/)
* One 1/8" BSPP male compression fitting for 4mm OD tubing (http://amzn.com/B009PSS7FI)
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.