Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Used to measure the heights of infants and small childrenOther
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
Proper growth of infants and young children is paramount to the development of well-functioning adults. Hospitals in developing countries lack the funding for all proper medical instruments and equipment. Infantometers can be used to measure the height of infants and small children to gauge the physical growth during the early stages of life. Although infantometers are composed of only several parts, they can be quite costly. This 3-D printable instrument will reduce the cost substantially.
Materials and methods
-PLA filament for printed objects below:
- Top caliper, $0.38 (estimated based on 18g of PLA at $20/kg)
- Bottom caliper, $0.32 (estimated based on 16g of PLA at $20/kg)
- Slider segment, $0.40 (estimated based on 20g of PLA at $20/kg)
- Measuring tape for sewing applications, $3.89
- Link: https://www.amazon.com/Measure-Flexible-Measurement-Centimetre-60-inch%EF%BC%88White%EF%BC%89/dp/B07MT89MCW/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2XBQOPXNUVY4G&keywords=sewing+measuring+tapes&qid=1575485856&sprefix=sewing+measurin%2Caps%2C188&sr=8-4
1. Remove support material from slider segments
2. Snap slider segments together
3. Slide measuring tape into slot on top of slider assembly
4. Fit top caliper on pegs of the uppermost slider segment
5. Fit bottom caliper over bottom portion of slider assembly
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.