Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
The iTopie RepRap is a derivative of the very popular Prusa i3.3D printer parts and enhancements
A free software license that requires that all work based on this must also be free software as in freely remixable and sharable by anyone under the same license but may be used commercially.
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.
I have built a graber I3 and I can see several advantages of toppie design on 2 fronts: .
1) Probably the most sturdy and best vibration dampening properties out there.
2) Easily creating an enclosure using the frame of the printer - but it needs to be tweaked. I will try this with the SCAD configurator:
- The Y platform is flat, so by tweaking the length to cover the whole range of Y motion I could easily build an enclosure around it without additional parts.
- The electronics is placed under the printer -- this also helps with the enclosure idea
- If instead of triangles on the back a square is used, then a boxy enclosure is even easier
If I can find someone to cut the MDF I will give it a try.