Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Laptop shelf for corner table
Corner workstation laptop shelf/DJ stand, made for IKEA Micke but should fit other setups easily.For your home
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
Add a shelf to your corner workstation with a piece of tubing and some printed brackets. The shelf is suitable for a laptop, desktop synthesizers and similar. I made this for the IKEA Micke corner table (http://www.ikea.com/no/no/catalog/products/50244741/). All parts are affixed with snap-on clamps from http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:132311, so the table can be removed quite easily if needed.
The 3D parts are all easy prints. You need
- 2 x wall bracket with tube clamp on top. NOTE. Print one of these MIRRORED, they have clamps angled 45 degrees and go on opposite sides.
- 6 x tube clamp
- 1 x tube cap with a small rectangular hook
- 1 x cradle for that hook
Instructions -- please compare with the included pictures:
1. Measure your tube -- I used one that was about 13 mm in diameter. You may need to scale the 3D models to fit what you have. Different printers and filaments may have different tolerances too.
3. Cut tube in two: one 80 cm, one 30 cm part (or whatever fits your corner desk)
4. Print "tube cap with hook" and press onto one end of the short piece of tube. It should fit snugly.
5. Print 6 tube clamps and attach them in a T underneath the wooden board (see picture)
6. Snap the long and short tube parts in place on the board
7. Screw the "wall brackets with clamps" onto the "inside" walls left and right on your desk, about 22 cm above the table.
8. Click the long tube onto the wall brackets.
9. Print "cradle for tube cap" and screw onto the corner beam (see picture), place the hook on the short tube into the cradle. Done.
Materials and methods
- 110 cm long pipe or rod, 13 mm diameter
- wooden board, about 30 x 35 cm
- 10 short wood screws
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.