Components for quick light tent assembly.Gadget
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
I wanted to make something inspiring to my sister's kids for this Christmas so I decided I will build a light tent for them.
The design contains the following elements:
- corner thicker with 4mm holes.stl: 3 directional corner
- end thicker with 4mm holes.stl: end element (optionally for lamp poles - also works as a drill template)
- lamp mount*.stl: two different lamp mounts
- saw guide 2.stl: guiding rail for motorized jig saw to cut the rods in perfectly peripendicular direction (tested with a Black & Decker jig saw)
In order to build the light tent you will need rods with 15 mm diameter (I found cheap & nice 15x1 mm aluminium rods in the local DIY stores). To build a complete light tent cube print 8 corner elements - print 2 more if you want to build the lamp poles.
It's not necessary drill the rods and fix the parts with nuts & bolts but if you would like to do so drill 4 mm diameter holes on the rods and use M4 nuts and bolts.
For seamless background use IKEA's Tupplur block-out rollers ( http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/search/?query=tupplur ) or simply attach an A3+ sized piece of paper to the light tent frame by using a binder clip.
Materials and methods
- rods with 15 mm diameter
- lamp sockets (w 40 mm outer diameter)
- LED lamps
- M4 nuts and bolts if you want to fix the corners to the bolts
- some linen sheet to create diffuse light
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.