Apple Macbook Pro Data Doubler Caddy - Second Hard Drive Replaces CD DVD
Add a second hard drive to your Apple Macbook Pro. Replaces the DVD CD Drive.Maker/DIY
Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike
Commercial use is not allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
Data Doubler to replace your DVD CD Rom drive in your *Macbook with a second hard drive.
Best printed in ABS or Nylon. I have not tested with PLA. Infill 20 - 25%.
Will require a Slimline 13 pin SATA Male to 22 Pin SATA Female Adapter from www.microsatacables.com search eBay for item# 261273985123.
The adapter connector has no screw hole in it so you will need to drill out the holes to fit the printed caddy frame. Or epoxy the adapter to the caddy frame. The printed caddy frame have pre-holes for the adapter and other screws needed. See pictures.
* Tested on a Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011. May fit others listed below:
- Macbook 13" Late 2008?
- Macbook 13" 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, mid, late, early?
- Macbook Pro 15" late 2008, mid 2009, early 2010, early 2011, late 2011, mid 2012.
- MacBook Pro 17" early 2009, mid 2009, early 2010, early 2011, late 2011.
Pizza Donations (BTC): 1DEciQkvjqUfiMgKkrhAmPtwLfjgJvd9JL Thank-you!
Materials and methods
- Micro SATA Cables PN#: ADP-13M-22F
- Any required mounting screws.
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.