Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Motorized Halloween Pumpkin Bracelet
A motorized Halloween Pumpkin Bracelet.Jewelry
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
Materials and methods
1) A lighted version is here: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/lighted-motorized-halloween-pumpkin-bracelet.
Printed on an Ultimaker 2 Extended in PLA. Printer Settings:
1) Layer height: .1mm.
2) Infill: 20%.
3) Supports: Only for "Gear Crown.stl".
Parts I Purchased:
1) Gear Motor: DC 6V 60 RPM High Torque Electric Replacement Gear Box Motor (Amazon).
2) Battery Holder: Plastic On/Off Switch 4 x 1.5V AA Battery Case Holder w Cap Black (Amazon).
3) Batteries: 4 AA batteries.
4) Velcro one piece watch band (19mm wide, 3mm thick) (Walmart).
5) 26 gauge red stranded wire.
6) 26 gauge black stranded wire.
Print 2 "Pin.stl". Print 1 of either "Bracelet.stl" or "Bracelet Strap.stl". Print 1 each of the remaining pieces.
When printing "Gear Crown.stl", supports may be required depending on your printer, printer settings and color.
Prior to assembly, test fit and trim, file, sand, etc. all parts as necessary for smooth movement of moving surfaces, and tight fit for non moving surfaces. Depending on the colors you chose and your printer settings, more or less trimming, filing and/or sanding will be required. If the tight fitting components are too loose, add a small dot of cyanoacrylate to each side of the pin, allow to dry completely (I use accelerator to speed the process), then try the fit again. Repeat until tight.
Assemble as per "Assembly.stl". I perform the assembly task in the following order:
1) Press "Gear Motor.stl" onto the motor.
2) Slide the motor & gear assembly into "Bracelet.stl".
3) Press two "Pin.stl" into "Gear Crown.stl".
4) Using "Axle.stl", attach the gear crown assembly to "Bracelet.stl". The gear crown assembly should rotate freely on the axle.
5) Attach "Base Pumpkin.stl" to the gear crown assembly by sliding the pin heads into the large holes in "Base Pumpkin.stl", then rotating "Base Pumpkin.stl" counter clockwise (as viewed from the top) to secure it in place on the gear crown assembly.
6) Press "Stem Pumpkin.stl" into "Lid Pumpkin.stl".
7) Attach the lid assembly to "Base Pumpkin.stl".
8) Solder the battery holder positive (red) terminal to the motor positive terminal, with extension as required to reach from a pocket to the bracelet. Solder the battery holder negative (black) terminal to the motor negative terminal, also with extension as required to reach from a pocket to the bracelet.
Place the assembly on your wrist and turn it on. Hope you make one!
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.