Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
My mishmash Prusa i3
This is the collection of bits that I've used making my Prusa i3. They worked for me they may work for you too.3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
So there are a few modifications to various bits.
1. The y-tensioner is my own devising, although I subsequently found others very similar.
2. I also made the bearing holders for the y-axis, I found I didn't have enough clearance without them.
3. I use the M3 thumbwheels to level the heated bed.
4. For the x-tensioner I used an M3 bolt with two small bearings and washers no guides for the belt.
5. For groups of cables I used braided sleeving which kept things clean. I used to use cable chains but found they were too noisy in printing. Also I found running the cable underneath the ramps board kept things relatively neat.
6. I now use a e3d v6 hotend and with a bit of persuasion it fit into the extruder, I may end up replacing this if it causes me issues.
7. While we're on the extruder I reworked the smaller gear to move the nut further towards the motor shaft (maybe a little too close) and closer to the gear so it's on the flat of the shaft. Heat up the M3 nut and insert into the slot and then use an m3 grub screw to attach it the shaft. I found the fit was so tight I had to fit the small gear to the shaft with a G clamp and a little care.
8. For the x-tensioner I used an M6x50 coach bolt I had and just ground the head off until it would fit into the x-idler end. On the outside I put two nuts (one in the block, one for locking off) and put a slot in the end of the bolt with a dremel to tighten the belt.
9. Finally found the z-coupling I used. As part of the "Adapto" printer.
i3 y-idler with tensioner (by me)
Yet another i3 spool mount (also by me)
Cable strain relief for i3 (still by me)
Prusa i3 Rework Extruder Ugrade (by mrice)
Prusa i3 Hephestos (by bqLabs)
Just another M3 Thumbwheel! (by julianh72)
i3 reinforced y-motor (by xoan) - I've modified this to increase the corner resolution
Adapto (by ROTORIT)
Belt-guides used (by Josef Prusa)
i3 frame stabilizer (by me once more)
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.