Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Nexus 5 Holder
To be screwed to some surface. The charging cable stays in the holder. Slide the smartphone into the holder to charge it.Maker/DIY
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
Holds a Nexus 5 phone and charging cable.
The USB cable is inserted and fixed in an opening in the bottom. Use the original Nexus charging cable for a good fit. If it's a bit too loose, you can put a piece of paper between the plug and the holder so it sits tight. The plug should not move when you pull out the phone.
Here you can make yourself some distance tubes to mount it with an offset from a surface: https://bit.ly/2IThERS
I used 12 mm long tubes in the photos here.
Materials and methods
- PLA, ABS or any other rigid material (black looks best imo)
- Anything from 20% to 100% infill
- Print it standing upright
- An original Nexus USB Cable is required (others might fit if you are lucky)
- 4 screws for mounting (the holes are 45 mm apart vertically and horizontally)
- 4 distance tubes (optional)
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.