Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
ParaMike, a functional and printable, parabolic microphone for kids and geeks.Other
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
The provided STL files contain a very small, 125mm diameter parabolic mirror.
It can be scaled (up) to any size.
The handle, however, should not be scaled (unless you you know what you are doing)
Except for the "overview file", all parts inside the STL files are
centered and directly printable.
Electronics can be found here: http://www.askrprojects.net/hardware/paramike/index.html
WHAT TO DO
- print all parts
- glue parabolic mirror sides together
- Attach the parabolic mirror to the handle, using
the 6mm screw and two nuts.
- assemble and build in electronics (handle)
- wrap a little bit of cotton, or any comparable (damping)
material around microphone (and electronics)
- mount the microphone
- fix the fastener (half cylinder) with a rubber band
- Thread the cable through the cable conduit (mike holder),
the hole in the mirror and the hole in the handle.
- solder cable
- stuff in the electronics and a battery
- the cap might require some sanding
- 1 x printed parts
- 1 x (6 x 75)mm screw or thread
- 3 x 6mm nut
- 2 x washer for 6mm screw (enlarged prints)
- 1 x rubber band
- 1 x glue for the two parts of the parabolic mirror
- a few cable straps
- a little bit of cotton
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.