Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
PrintrBot Z Axis holder for IKEA LEDBERG with Filament Guide
Printrbot Simple Metal Z-Axis filament guide with extra arm to support IKEA LEDBERG LED lights3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
Z-Axis filament holder for PrintrBot Simple Metal, with added support on the other side for IKEA LEDBERG LED strip-light set.
This project consists of 4 parts (STL files included for the first 3):
1. The Z-Axis arm has a 3mm hole at the end to support a screw, to secure the rod*
2. The LED holder supports all 3 LED strips
3. Customised LED connector (not sold by IKEA or supplied) - Details on assembly here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:649051
4. * Happy hunting for a 40cm rod :) Pick one about 15 to 20mm diameter but if too wide, you can trim down the section that is held by the Z-Axis arm (15mm wide) and LED holder (20mm wide).
1. Orient the rod
2. Mount rod and screw in (I used a wood screw for the tree branch I chose)
3. Mount LED strips into LED holder
4. Connect with LED connectors
5. Mount LED unit into other end of rod
6. Use cable twists/ ties to hold power wire along rod
Materials and methods
- IKEA LEDBERG LED strip-light set
- One small screw (~3mm diameter or thereabouts)
- A tree branch (seriously) or rod about 40cm long and 15mm to 20mm diameter, but larger is fine, just file/ cut down the parts joining the holder
- Short length of cable twist
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.