Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Raspberry Pi (Model B) case with 75mm VESA mount
Case for your Raspberry Pi Model B with integrated VESA75 mounting provisions.3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
None of the other cases shared around the web had to offer exactly what I wanted so I decided to design my own. This was a ground up design, but I have to give credit where credit is due. A lot of design cues and dimensions were borrowed from this case... http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:79036
This Raspberry Pi (Model B) case has a few key features that I wanted...
-Access slot for Pi camera
-Screw together design
-Screw mount raspberry pi to case using standard mounting holes
-Built in 75mm VESA mounting tabs.
-Better general fit between components and clearances to all inputs/outputs
-Rotary engine (reuleaux triangle) vent design
Also, the case is designed to use a flush mount microSD card. I use this one and it doesn't stick outside the case at all. http://www.adafruit.com/product/966
If anyone finds any problems (dimensionally or otherwise) post them up so I can get the model fixed. So far I found heard that it should be scaled up by 0.5% by a few people.
Materials and methods
- Printed top and bottom halves
- Raspberry Pi Model B
- '#2 screw (1/4" long) for mounting rpi to case
- '#2 screw (1/2" long) for mounting halves together
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.
- Printed on:
- PP3DP - UP! Plus
- Printed on:
- Da Vinci 1.0
- One of my firsts prints. Globally very clean. I updated the design (will probably post it since there are not so much designs for RPI B cases over here) : - acces to GPIO - LED visible through 0.5mm thick "window" - ventilation pattern replaced with "PI LAB"
- Thee size of the bottom part is perfect. The top part has good dimensions too (X and Y), but it is pressed against USB ports, so it doesn't close well. 1mm higher edges would have been better.