Reference Chart for Laser Engraving
Customizable chart as reference for laser settings when engraving.Maker/DIY
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
A problem I often encountered when doing my projects was figuring out the right engraving settings for a particular part. Depending on your material type and thickness, you need different settings to achieve the look you want.
Therefore I created a simple chart consisting of a form for laser and material used and a lot of squares with different black levels, which can be used as a reference for engraving different materials.
How to use:
1. Setup: Just write down the laser engraver/cutter and material you use in the fields at the top and engrave the header onto your material.
2. Select a row of squares for engraving, featuring different black levels from 10% to 100%
3. Choose the settings you want to use and engrave the squares with them.
4. Write down the settings for speed and power next to the engraved squares.
5. repeat steps 2 to 4 with different settings and squares until all rows are used
6. Store in a dry place and use as reference whenever you're going to engrave the same material again. Simple as that
Materials and methods
Sheet of whatever material you want to create a reference for
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.