Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Remix of Visor Frame Sweden V10 - Stackable 20pack
Stackable version of Visor Frame Sweden V10 with a removed "bathtub"COVID19
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
This is a remix of https://www.youmagine.com/designs/protective-visor-by-3dverkstan
Materials and methods
THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS! ALL FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED!
20 FRAMES HAVE NOT BEEN PRINTED YET, ONLY TEST PRINTS!
- Minimize the lead time, bed prep and make it possible to print all night.
- Bigger batches with less intermittent handling of parts.
- Possible to print 40(!!) frames in one go on a Prusa i3 Mk3 with filament usage of about 850 grams of pla.
- 20 frames take about 17 h to print
- Increased material cost and total print time (if you work shifts all night with the printer...)
- Modifying the design and filling in the “bathtub” in the front of the visor. If this is not filled there will not be a good solid layer. This is because the open space needs to be bridged, and the filament will sag ang create a rough surface, with is not got for PPE.
- Adding “studs” to the upper part of each layer, this is to create a point where both parts are connected. Otherwise some slicers refuse to slice the levitating models.
- A offset between the parts need to match up with the layer height. I found that 0.25 mm works good with a 0.4 mm nozzle.
- Postproduction is required to split the parts from each other. A thin knife blade will do fine. Some individual filament strings may become not attached to the model and removed easily.
See 3MF file for all used settings!
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.