Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
A compact, hand roll bender mechanism.Maker/DIY
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
One of the activities of our team is the teaching and development of experiments for STEM education in Uni for kids . And one such experiment was an experiment visualizing how the hadron collider works and how the solenoid works. So, as a result, we have that:
But for the development of this experiment, we need a roll bender. Unfortunately, there is really hard to find a small one and a cheap one, so after some googling we find this and later this one
And after some designing and development, we develop own version of this tool that is robust and 3d-printable.
Materials and methods
The Model is fully optimized for 3d printing
- Support/rafts: none (if you are not sure in your printer, you can add touching build plate support)
- Layer height: 0.2
- Material: PLA
- Shell line count: 3 /for rollers 5
- 4x bolts M8x55mm (for passive rollers and top mount)
- 2x bolts M8x35mm (for handle)
- 1x bolt M8x85 (for active roller axis)
- 1x anchor bolt (for the slider, this bolt must be filed as shown on images and glued in knob and ball inside the slider)
- 1x bolt M8x100mm with rectangular slot (for lever handle)
- 4x 608 ball bearings
- 8x nuts M8
- one piece 10mmx80mm aluminum tube (for lever handle)
- a tap for threads
- mood for needlework
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.