Why I did this:
- Dasfilament.de overfill their #MasterSpool refills to 850g (they still deliver the best refills I know, though).
- A freshly refilled spool thus is in constant danger of filament jumping over the edges.
- Both Mark Rehorst and Graham Watson have already designed spool holders, that could prevent it. (I had to invert Mark's concave roller concept - as mentioned, my spools are overfilled.)
- IKEA now has cheap, airtight containers (365+ 10.6l / 11 qt, No. 103.930.64, the Lid is No. 303.930.63).
- The IKEA container can accommodate two #MasterSpools or regular 750g ones (e.g. the Häfner SD200K used by Innofil and Formfutura).
- Squeezing those two spool, held by individual Anti-Tangle Spool-Holders into one of those 365+ Dryboxes required a new design.
- RichRap din't design the #MasterSpool to run on the edges (where the "elephant foot" is located) - you'll have to properly deburr your spools.
- There is no room for "rechargeable" de-humidifiers. But using "darkytoothpaste's silica gel bottle" (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2763602) inside the spools, combined with collected desiccant from various bags, works for me. I regenerate the silica in the Microwave oven.
A. Ozen / Sp4wN
...and of course RichRap: