Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Solar Charge Box v1
This is a self contained Solar Charge Box to make it easy to build your own power storage for low power devices.For your home
Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike
Commercial use is not allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
Materials and methods
This project has been added to the Customizer application at Thingiverse. Please try this new version where you can design your own customized version online!
The OpenScad source file has been included for those who wish to modify the file to suit the available USB Chargers available in your area.
Note that the object is rotated to suit printing, so this will affect how you edit the file objects. Editing is not recommended.
Be sure to download the "Solar Charge controller holder & LED Volt meter holder".
Print this add-on to protect the battery terminals:
- Layer height: 0.30mm
- Infill: 30%
- Wall thickness: 2
- PLA filament for rigidity
- 4 - rocker switches
- 1 - 12v power socket
- 1 - 4 port USB charger
- 2 - 10A DC compressor circuit breakers
- 1- roll of 12 gauge stranded wire (red)
- wire terminal ends
- 1 - solar charge controller
- 1 - solar panel (25W) or larger
- 1- 12v, 12A lead acid battery
- 1 - plastic toolbox
- 6 - M2 x 8mm screws
Print the 3 parts in PLA
- Case body
- usb case
- usb cover
- Install the usb pcb boards into the usb case
- install the usb cover
- install the usb case into the main case
- install the switches
- install the circuit breakers
- follow the wiring diagram PDF to wire the unit.
- protect all soldered joints with electrical tape or heat shrink tubing
- The PV panel rocker switch should be in the OFF position when not charging the box
- The MAIN battery rocker switch should be in the OFF position when not charging any devices
- Never disconnect the PV panels if the PV switch is in the ON position, turn PV switch OFF first.
- PV panel will continue to charge the battery even if the MAIN battery switch is turned OFF.
- MAIN battery rocker switch prevents output voltage only
Make one of these boxes and keep it in your RV, Cottage, or at your Home. It will charge your Tablets, Smartphones, and even a laptop(with an additional DC-AC Inverter).
Depending on the size of your PV solar panel, will determine how quickly the battery is charged.
Join your portable solar panels together with printable Solar Panel Hinges to make them easier to use, store and transport! https://www.youmagine.com/designs/solar-panel-inges
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.