Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Solar Panel Hinges
Easily connect your portable solar panels together for ease of use, storage, and transport.For your home
Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike
Commercial use is not allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
* The OpenScad source file has been included for those who wish to modify the file to suit custom size of aluminum frame for their solar panels.
Solar panel hinges easily connect your portable solar panels together for ease of use, storage, and transport.
- Layer height: 0.30mm
- Wall shells: 2
- Infill: 30%
- ABS filament
- No support required
- Print (4) of each part to create two panel hinges.
- There are only 2 printable parts which are universal. Simply flip over opposing parts. I like simplicity in my designs.
- Install the hinge block to the aluminum panel frame. Install the 8-32 x 0.75" screw to hold the block in place. Do not use longer screws as it may damage the panel glass.
- Install the hinge links on top and bottom of hinge blocks.
- Install the long 8-32 x 2" screws and locking nuts.
- Tighten the locking nuts only enough to be snug so that the hinges are not too loose.
* Store your power in a Solar Charge Box like the one that I designed. https://www.youmagine.com/designs/solar-charge-box-v1
Materials and methods
- ABS filament
- 4 - 8-32 x 2" screws
- 4 - 8-32 nylon locking nuts
- 2 - 8-32 x 0.75" (3/4") screws.
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.