Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Spool holder (Deltaprintr)
Simple 3-part spool holder.3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
I designed this to be stupid simple and easy to print. I printed in about 4 hours, removed supports in about a minute, and assembled/installed in about 10 seconds.
* Low friction - be nice to your extruder
* Small BOM: two bearings (7mm ID, 19mm OD, 6mm width)
* Slide-fit assembly
* Minimal print time and material - 4 hours at 55mm/s
* Customizable, interchangeable parts - swap spool sizes fast
* Currently designed to fit a 1Kg spool of Hatchbox 1.75mm PLA
1. Support touching build platform
2. See screenshot for how to orient parts.
3. I printed at 55mm/s with 15% infill
Originally, the design was tight at the printer top mating surface (the "+" shape with a hole through the center), so I've uploaded a slightly modified design with more clearance and recessed fillets to keep the small tabs from breaking on removal.
Also, if you purchased a Deltaprintr and want to get it working well, check out my list for improvements (http://deltaprintr.com/forums/index.php?threads/bootstrapping-my-deltaprintr.409/) and Amazon wish list (http://amzn.com/w/26QA5QECPT29E)
Materials and methods
Two bearings (http://amzn.com/B00I0XGTDG):
* 7mm ID
* 19mm OD
* 6mm width
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.