Spring loaded mobile stand with Arca swiss sole
This is a strong spring-loaded stand for your mobile device.Gadget
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
Are you a boomer like me who does not like vertical videos? If you are then this mobile stand is for you. It holds your plus size phone securely in landscape orientation. The stand has a built in Arca Swiss plate, my favorite camera mounting standard.
To assemble the stand you will need:
- 2 pcs M5x50 socket head bolt
- 2 pcs M5 nut
- 2 pcs springs with >5 mm inner diameter, <8 mm outer diameter, 50 mm length
I used the springs from Dove Foaming Body Wash Shower Foam pumps - they fit perfectly (and the shower foam is also good ;)): https://www.amazon.com/Dove-Shower-Foam-Body-Moisture/dp/B01MXDRX4Y/
- push the nuts into the nut slots on the bottom of the female part
- push the male parts into the female part - note the orientation as all parts are asymmetric!
- push the M5 bolts into the springs
- screw in the M5 bolts to the M5 nuts
The current design holds a mobile device with 140-188 mm width and 11 mm thickness (I have designed this to fit my iPhone XS Max with a Tech21 case on it). The Fusion 360 design is parametric so you can easily alter the STLs to fit to your needs: https://a360.co/2E2mUV3
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.