Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Stepper Motor V1
I designed this working model to show others how stepper motors work. This is specifically a permanent magnet stepper motor capable of 15 degree full steps and 7.5 degree half steps.Education
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
See the video of Version 1.1 here:
See the video of Version 1 here:
I made a complete step by step guide here: http://www.instructables.com/id/3D-Printed-Stepper-Motor/
Looping gif I made here: http://i.imgur.com/Pr2z088.gifv
Materials and methods
1. Six 1/4" neodymium magnets.
3. 608ZZ Bearing
4. Eight 8d 2-3/8" nails - Not critical what nails you use as long as they fit.
5. Magnet Wire - I used 0.315mm magnet wire but this is not critical.
6. Arduino Uno
7. Four Transistors - I used PNP transistors I had lying around, but you can use whatever transistors you want or MOSFETS as long as you make sure they can handle the current your motor will draw. Read the datasheet carefully for specific recommendations. On 5v mine motor draws about 1 amp and on 12v it demands about 3 amps.
8. 3D Printed Rotor and Stator
10. Electrical Tape
11. A compass
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.