Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Toradex Viola + Ipê Stackable Stand / Support
Stackable stand for the development boards Toradex Viola and Ipê add-onGadget
Creative Commons Attribution
You can adapt, share or use this work commercially as long as you attribute the creator.
Toradex (Guilherme Fernandes), Embedded Labworks (Sérgio Prado)
This is a stand for the Toradex Viola Plus embedded development board with the add-on board Ipê. It has the following features:
- It's stackable, which means that if you put one over the other (with the boards), they will perfectly fit and snap;
- It's discreet, meaning no extra edges getting in the way;
- It spends a small amount of filament, so it's economic;
- It has exact fittings for nuts (M3) and screws (M3x8)
- It's robust, it was even submitted to finite element analysis to solve reinforcement points and a real-life breakage test.
Many many thanks to Guilhermes Fernandes and Raul Munoz (from Toradex) and Sérgio Prado (from Embedded Labworks) from making it possible! It was fun to design.
Materials and methods
Used a graber i3, 0.2mm, PLA, with conical supports from the newer Cura (2.4.0). It wastes a lot less filament. Some cleanup is needed afterwards.
Made in FreeCAD.
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.