Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Treasure chest with working hinge
This is a treasure chest (or any other kind of casket you'd like) with a fully working hinge.For your home
Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike
Commercial use is not allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
Edit 22/2: Added some more printer specifications and the .obj, .max & .3ds files
This is a 3d-model for little treasure chest or for any other type of chest you'd like.
This chest comes with a fully working hinge and can be printed in one go.
- This model has been successfully printed with an Ultimaker with a v1 extrusion head. You won't need to use retraction.
- Minimum print-size is 40% of the supplied model. Smaller than that and the hinges no longer work.
- Sadly enough you will need to use an infill of 5%. We're still working around this issue. If you don't use infill, you get something like the last picture.
- We recommend printing with a wall thickness of 1.2mm.
- Z-resolution at 0.1m
- Everything else just the default ultimaker setup.
- No support is needed. Rafting might be an option if you wish to have the bottom side to look less flat.
- Heated bed is recommended only for aesthetic purposes. Warping won't affect functionality.
trying to make the hinges work, be sure to remove any excess material.
Force it a little but not too much. Use a bit of love.
If you'd like a custom crest on your chest, we can provide you one for a small fee.
Materials and methods
- PLA (or anything similar)
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.