I was inspired by the BCN3D Sigma, so I decided to design & build my own dual x carriage printer. The main frame consists of 30x30 aluminium extrusions and I tried to implement as many (custom) aluminium CNC'd parts for crucial elements such as E3Dv6 mounts, motor mounts, enclosure, extruder, cantilever Z stage... There are however some 3D printed parts. Possibility of dual colour/material printing & duplication printing (faster batches with better quality).
The printer features:
- Ultratronics 1.0 32-bit controller board running Marlin (marlinkimbra)
- 6x TMC 2100 silent stepper drivers
- Raspberry Pi 3 & 7-inch touchscreen (Octoprint & TouchUI) + 160° camera
- Build volume: 200x295x210mm
- MGN12 rails & carriages for XYZ
- SFU1204 Ballscrew for Z
- 2x Genuine E3D v6
- 400W (220V) 200x300 silicone heater under a 7mm aluminium tooling plate.
- Everything is inside the enclosure, max spool diameter is 33 cm (except the controller board which is on the back)
The files posted here are meshes. For more info please contact me directly.
Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike