Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful. If you like the design, please consider donating to the designer.Donate to UbuntuBirdy
Ultimaker 2 ( 2+ ) Spoolholder
based on IRobertI's design but simplified3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
IRobertI's Low friction UM2 spoolholder is absolutely great, but i'm a perfectionist so i had to do some redesigns:
- the wheel has a guiding section, so it's easier to mount it on the thread.
- there is a cap that covers the bolt, the washer and the nut.
- the cone and the thread are one piece
- you need only two 608 bearings, one 140mm M8 bolt, one M8 washer and one M8 nut.
- higher bandwidth of spools that fit
For a perfect guiding of the filament use my self adjusting filament guide: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/filament-guide-21-25
Materials and methods
- printed from pla
- theoretically only the base (Basis) needs supports
- you need 2x 608 bearing
- you need 1x M8 hex bolt 140mm
- you need 1x M8 washer
- you need 1x M8 nut
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.
@JohsonChou - I'm sorry to hear that! I have also tried a few attempts, but this version has finally reached the desired tolerances for me.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to serve all the different settings in the slicer of all the different users with a reasonable solution.
And that's why every slicer has a scaling option ...
poor tolerance, needs to hammer the bearing in and then the threads is extremely tight.
150g filament wasted and I would use the original design.