Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Ultimaker Impeller Fan Mod
Replaces original material cooling fan with an impeller (high pressure) type of similar size.3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike
Commercial use is not allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
Replaces the original material cooling fan, which has significant amount of back-blast (, i.e. inefficient,) with an impeller type fan, and a fan duct and nozzle design similar to that on a Replicator 2.
Print quality is improved, but nozzle design still needs improvements. I bought my fan at an electronic parts supply store. It
Part was printed in PLA on my Ultimaker using Cura 14.03.
Designed using ViaCAD v9.
1. Print part at 0.2mm layer, 80%~100% fill, no support.
2. Tear out support structures.
3. Replace connector on fan if necessary.
4. Mount fan to printed part using 20mm long screws and nuts.
5. Mounts directly to carriage thumb screws using 2 nuts.
6. Connect and tidy up wiring.
Materials and methods
- 13g (PLA) of filament
- M3 screws, 20mm length, 2x
- M3 nuts, 4x
- Impeller fan, 40mm~50mm x 15mm, 12V
- Compatible fan connectors used on Ultimaker/Reprap printers.
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.