Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Ultimaker Original 3-point bed leveling and Alu Bed
Replacement of the acrylc bed of UMO by an alu plate and re-design of the leveling to a 3-point leveling system. Ported from Thingiverse :-)3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
As I got a nice 6mm alu sheet, I decided to build a new print bed out of it,
incorporating a nearly plug-in 3-point bed leveling.
setup as it needs not too much space, less modification on the original
parts and gives a very smooth and easy leveling.
Next will be to add a silicon heater pad to get a heated bed...
Materials and methods
- Alu bed: dimensions and positions for M3 threads can be found in the pdf
- Replacement parts for front bed mount as direct plug-in replacement
- Rear bed mount parts (need to drill 3 holes in the plywood)
- Bed washers from http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:22448
- M3 screw knob from http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:225286
- 3 pc. Original bed springs
- 3 pc. M3x40 mm screws or threaded rods
- 6 pc. M3x10mm screws
- 9 pc. M3 nuts
- glass plate 242x242, thickness as you like, 2mm recommended
- 2pc. bulldog clamp
- 3mm drill for cleaning the guiding holes
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.