Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
UM2 Bearing Filament Roller
Ball Bearing roller which fits Bridge Nylon (and larger spools)3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
This spool roller was inspired by (and fits onto) this nice spool holder by
If there are questions about what parameters to adjust, please ask, but it is intended to be self explanatory.
Installation of bearings into the roller:
1) Place 1 fender washer onto the 1/4" bolt and let it slide against the hex nut
2) Place 1 bearing onto the 1/4" bolt and slide it against the fender washer.
3) Place the spool roller onto the bolt
4) Place the 2nd bearing onto the bolt
5) Place the 2nd fender washer onto the bolt
6) Screw one of the nyloc nuts onto the bolt
7) CAREFULLY tighten the nyloc nut, while ensuring that the bearings are pressing into the roller correctly (the bolt should hold them straight - make sure they are centering in the roller and not caught on an edge) As you tighten the nut they will be pulled into the roller.
8) Remove the nyloc nut
9) Remove all parts from the bolt - the bearings should not come out of the roller
10) Place the bolt through the roller bearings and put one nyloc nut on.
11) Place one fender washer on the end of the bolt
12) Insert the bolt through Franks spool holder
13) Place the 2nd fender washer on the bolt
14) Place the 2nd nyloc nut on the bolt to secure the assembly into the spool holder
15) Mount the spool holder with nifty roller onto your Ultimaker 2 and enjoy
Thanks for reading, suggestions are welcome
Materials and methods
measurements in inches:
2 - .250 x .625 x .4724 bearings (Crown Bolt 65628)
I used these bearings: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-0-250-in-x-0-625-in-Precision-Bearing-and-Reducer-65628/203537336
1 - 1/4" x 6" bolt
2 - 1/4" nylon lock nuts (nyloc)
2 - 1/4" fender washers
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.