Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
UMO + Extra Right Fan + v2 + v3
Printed on a weird angle, to test my previous beta fan and to save supports. V2 hits the bed on E3D nozzles, but you can add 2 washers to raise it and it won't be a problem. Added v2 on Rhino 4 Added V3 Unfinished.3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
This fan shroud it's designed to hang on the right of the Ultimaker Original Plus Aluminium.
It won't fit the new aluminium fan cap (Ultimaker sent me a replacement and it's different, so check the photos to see if you have the same).
The weird design it's because I wanted that was firmly attached and specially because I wanted to avoid hitting the X wood slidder blocks.
On the stl and 3dm you can remove the area down the fan so you can change the holes for your fan. I think...
I'm trying to improve this design. So expect it to change =)
New Version V2.
- Based on the original desings of the Metal Fan Cap from UMO+ that can be found on ultimaker github at https://github.com/Ultimaker/Ultimaker-Original-Plus/tree/master/1501%20Print%20Head%20Fancap%20Meta...
- The 3dm files are much more editable so you can make your 'fan area' freestyle.
- Cleaned the clamp area to be much smaller and much more tight to the aluminium.
- I recommend to add a small strip of blue tape between the alu and the printed if you print it on pla, that will give enough air so it don't deforms.
Materials and methods
Just get another 24v fan =) (and cable, and solder ir, etc etc).
- Washers to raise it a bit if you use shorter nozzles.
Unfinished V3 It has a small problem of height and I didn't finished, but printed with it and did show great results. I'll most probably won't finish it since now I use a totally different setup.Fell free to change it, I think it has a problem of 0.5mm, not much more than 1 mm. Added V3 Unfinished.
The area that it's close to the nozzle needs a heat insulator film so it don't bends (on pla)
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.