Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
umo mod: motor corner (endstop version)
This is a remix of chopmeister's motor corner. It has a little notch for the endstop screwheads).3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
This is a remix of chopmeister's motor corner which is itself a remix of Nick Foley's version :D
It is designed for the back left corner. At the original chopmeister's version you need to remove the endstop, that isn't necessary at this remix. BUT adjust the endstop before! You cannot reach the screws anymore if the corner is once mounted.
A lot of people have problems with the short belts.
This modification increases the quality - see pictures above of calibration thing (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:342198) - on the one hand and reduces the maintenance on the other.
You have to build a new Firmware at http://marlinbuilder.robotfuzz.com/.
Choose your machine and at "Invert Axis" do the following: uncheck 'X' and check 'Y'.
Download the hex-File and Upload it via Cura (Machine -> Install custom firmware...).
HOW TO PRINT
I recommend the following options:
'Support type: Everywhere'
and at least 'Top/Bottom thickness: 0.8'
also 'Shell thickness: 0.8'
It's a great opportunity to change the way your rod is fixed:
For further information see the orignals by...
- Chopmeister: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/motor-corner-alternative
- Nick Foley: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/motor-corner
Materials and methods
Removed some parts - it's now easier to install but still very stable.
- 1x 8mm shaft ~363mm
- 1x 8mm shaft ~352mm
Take care of the tolerance! The original shaft is f8-tolerance (minus-minus-tolerance! it is never exactly 8mm!!!) and it is also hard chrome plated! you may have problems with the ball bearings if you buy e.g. h6... where to buy? well, the supplier of the original shafts is located in germany but asked me to don't tell anyone who he is... if you you wanna really know you will find them on ebay - where they offer other shafts (write an emal as they don't offer the hard chrome plated ultimaker-version on ebay) ;)
- 2x 8mm to 5mm flexible shaft coupling (around 25mm long), i suggest metal bellow couplings (not the one in the picture above)!
- some screws and maybe washers...
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.
- Printed on:
- Ultimaker - Ultimaker Original
- The design printed without big issues and seems to fit! Still waiting for the metal rods, though. How is your design holding up in daily use? Are you still using it? I'll also print the spacers so I won't have to cut the rods to the exact lenght. Anything in particular I should watch during assembly? I used the follwing settings (PLA): 0.2mm/layer shell/top and bottom layer: 1.2mm infill: 40%