Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
This simple extruder packs a lot of features into a very small package.3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
This design aims to be simple, and reliable. Other mounting options are coming, so consider this a work in progress. I'm still playing around with solid and hollow body options, and will need to add variants for different drive gear diameters. The built-in tension spring will probably become a removable/swapable feature very soon.
- No springs to adjust (It's not a bug, it's a feature!)
- Reversible, for side-by-side dual extruder use
- Cleaning port for easy clean out
- Fully guided filament path, for easy loading
Materials and methods
The folowing B.O.M. is suitable for mounting the extruder to a Prusa i3 X-carriage.
(2) Idlers (Printed)
(2) Bodies (Printed, One mirrored before printing)
(1) NEMA 17 Stepper with M5 shaft
(1) 608 Skate Bearing
(2) M3x25 Screws
(2) M3x45 Screws (or M3x40?)
(1) QU-BD Drive Gear (10.5mm Hobb Diameter), or similar
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.