Report inappropriate content
Ultimaker2 Spool Rack Version 2
Standalone Rack for the UM2 Spool Holder - version two
- A more sturdy version of my first attempt (https://www.youmagine.com/designs/ultimaker2-spool-rack)
- Print one basis and one backplate. The two parts can be simply plugged together.
I printed the parts in PLA with 3 shells (1.2mm wall thickness) and 20% infill. It's very sturdy.
- The 110mm wide basis is sufficient for normal filament spools up to 1kg.
If you have a need for even more stability, you can choose the 130mm variant of the basis.
- You can combine it with every spool holder that fits on the Ultimaker2. I use the "Low friction UM2 spoolholder" designed by IRobertI (https://www.youmagine.com/designs/low-friction-um2-spoolholder).
- Update 12/2016: added an alternative (longer) version of the backplate for XL spools with 300mm diameter