Report inappropriate content
UMO Dust Cover
UPDATE: Re-designed the sliders to allow complete coverage!!
Recently I had the cance to take a look onto an industrial FMD printer and a mill with dust covers for the axis.
The accordeon-like cover prevents dust from getting inside so I thought, this might be also usable for my UMO.
Here we go:
- print all parts in the required quantity
- download print head cover (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:77120) and print it also if you don´t have it already
- cut IKEA-IKEA Schottis to lenght
- assamble slider consisting of accordeon mount and accordeon beams
IMPORTANT: one side should be open to be able to slide the bowden through.
- use double sided tape to attache the shorted Schottis to the accordeon beams
- connect the front and rear cover parts using the connetors and some cyanoacrylat glue. IMPORTANT: one side should be open to be able to slide the bowden through.
- use double sided tape to attache the shorted Schottis to the front and rear covers
A closure for the remainning opening can be made, but I decided to skip it...
just print, mount, have a partial closed UMO top...