Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Magnetic Effector with 3 Fans and LED Light Ring for Kossel Plus
This in an improvement on my previous Magnetic Effector. Its improvements are: it holds up to three 5015 centrifugal fans, a LED light ring and a z-probe. This provides plenty of cooling for printing PLA and a well-lit work area.There are versions for both E3D and J-Head hotends.3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike
Commercial use is not allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
The E3D version was designed and tested to work with an E3D hotend or a Geeetech all-metal hotend.
The J-Head version has been tested to work with a Genuine J-Head hotend.
I use the z-probe temporarily for auto-calibration.
You might want to use these with my carriage designs.
If you need the ball studs, I had quite a few made, so I offer them for $1 each.
I also precisely build carbon fiber arms to work with these.
2016-02-15: Updated to add versions for J-Head hotends, add the z-probe, and tightened the part which secures the hotend.
2016-03-28: Updated to add a version which works with the Ultibots K250 carriages (for use with 2020 extrusions).
Materials and methods
- Up to three 5015 centrifugal fans similar to these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-pcs-Brushless-DC-Cooling-Blower-Fan-5015B-12V-50x50x15mm-2-Wires/141324730524
- An LED light ring, which has an outside diameter of 60mm and inside diameter of 50mm. There are many inexpensive ones on Amazon and eBay.
- 6 ball studs (which I sell for $1 each, plus postage).
- 6 M3 Nyloc nuts for the ball studs.
- 2 M3x10 socket head cap screws and 2 M3 nuts.
- an M3x25 socket head cap screw and M3 nut for each fan.
- a small amount of tape, for shimming the hotend, to make it tight. Silicone glue or caulking, or rubber cement also works well.
- a switch if you would like to use the z-probe. I only use the z-probe for auto-calibration and then I remove it.
- a 30mm axial fan, if you are using a J-Head.
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.
- Printed on:
- Custom Delta
- Actually printed 2 of these, one with 50% infill, other with 100%. Fits perfectly with E3D V6. I used the 50% infill one to print the 100% infill one. Awesome design Haydn! Also using your variation of the magnetic arms, and they're great too.
- I use the DC42 IR sensor with fan mount, but am always paranoid about how close it is to the print. I like your Z-probe adapter, and think it would be neat to make one that would support the IR sensor. Seriously awesome work!
You poor baby ;) Thanks for the info.
The center-to-center distance between the ball studs is 48mm.
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, but I was on a sailboat in the Caribbean without much internet access for the past few weeks! :-)
What's the distance between the magballs (center to center)?
The ideal size LED light ring has an 60mm outside diameter and a 50mm inside diameter.
You can find them inexpensively on eBay and Amazon.
Great effector. Just printing another for a spare as I just had to replace mine after a series of unfortunate events... I had a hard time finding a light ring with the correct dimensions to fit inside the groove, got a 60mm OD with a smaller ID that works ok though.
Thanks Haydn for the great design and thanks for the CF magnetic arms, they are working great!