Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Razor Blade Holder
A holder for safety razor blades used to help remove 3D printed parts from a print bed.3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution
You can adapt, share or use this work commercially as long as you attribute the creator.
This is an, in my opinion, improved version of the Astra Razor Blade Holder by miquelmartin.
I imported the design into Sketchup and cleaned up the mesh, and have included the .skp. Modifications include the following:
- Lengthened handle
- Larger diameter pegs for blade retention to improve blade stability
- Shortened pegs for blade retention to improve clip rigidity
- Added bevel to front bottom edge of blade support to allow for slightly lower angle of approach
- Moved area behind rear of mounted blade forward to support blade when flexing
- Added bevel to area behind rear of blade to improve clip retention and reduce possibility for exposure to rear of blade
- Completely re-designed clip to provide better clip retention, improve blade stability, and ease insertion and removal of clip
Materials and methods
Sliced with MatterControl
Printed on Robo3d R1+ Using:
Robo3d 1.75mm PLA
Standard Layer Height (0.2mm)
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.