Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
1.75mm Filament Bowden Ultimaker Upgrade
Unfortunately in Australia 3mm filament is less than 1% of total filament sales and suppliers have cautioned consumers about 3mm filament stock reduction.3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike
Commercial use is not allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
Drill out one Push fitting to Dia 4mm so that PTFE fits flush with heater barrel.
Upgrade UM to 1.75mm filament. This over comes a lot of printing issues in comparison to 3mm filament:
* less retraction
* lower print Temp
*more material choice
Materials and methods
- PTFE tube 4mm OD 2mm ID x 1 meter
- Push fit fittings M6 thread x 2 | 1 X drilled out in lathe to Dia 4mm
- MK7 Filament drive gear 5mm ID x 1
- 625RS bearing 16mm OD 5mm ID x1
- M5 x 10 SHCS x1
- M6 x 10 SHCS x2
- M3 x 60 SHCS x 1
- M3 hexagon plastic nut (stand off spacer)
- Washer to space bearing off plastic.
- M6 Heater Barrel for 1.75mm filament
- M6 Tap
- M5 Tap
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.